Lottarock Farm

Lottarock Farm

05 April 2010

Down to the final stretch

Tomorrow it will be just two weeks left until the adventure truly begins. The farm chores are being finished up, just some minor fencing work and clean up under the barn left to do. The house is nearly completely tidied and organized (at least as well as can be for two non-type A's) and the dogs have begun to suspect something is afoot (or apaw). I've sorted out the needed camera gear and packed most of it, the other electronic bits, such as computers and phones and chargers and Garmin, etc. will wait until next week. We'll make some last minute visits to family and friends and pay the needed bills upfront during that last week as well.


We are waiting on some mail-order (or is that too old-fashioned a word in this online world?) clothes and then we will begin to pack. I am confident we'll manage to fit everything into our luggage, especially as we are already planning on buying most of our camping gear in Australia.


The one thing I am not looking forward to is the flight. It is very long and tedious and I am unfortunately not able to sleep on flights. I am not sure why, but I simply do not. By the time we get to Melbourne, I'll be a really interesting case of total exhaustion and extremely high jitteriness. I am so glad we'll be met by some great mates, David and Lyn Gee, at the airport, otherwise I fear I'd end up like the tigers in Little Black Sambo, a melted puddle on the terminal floor.


Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment